Phoenix Garden Memorials is familiar with the time it takes to grieve and go through the many steps to heal when you have lost a loved one. For years, we have watched our customers walk through the stages of grief and our goal is to offer support and encouragement.
We believe that memorials are a pleasant way to remember the person that has passed. Check out these ways that you can make a memorial stone to honor the person you’ve lost.
Items Needed for a Memorial Stone
If you have decided to make a memorial stone, then you will need a few things begin the process. The items can be found at a craft or home improvement store.
Gather the following:
- Garden spade
- Flat glass beads
- Lettering stamps
- Plaster of Paris
Steps to Make Your Memorial Stone
Phoenix Memorial Gardens urges customers to enjoy the process as you create the memorial and remember your loved on.
Follow these steps:
- Use your spade to dig a hole about 3 inches deep and 18 inches across. This space is the mold for the memorial stone.
- Measure out four cups of plaster of Paris and three cups of water. Mix the ingredients in your bucket with a long spoon or spatula until completely combined.
- Fill the hole you dug with the plaster. You’ll want to be sure that it sets for at least 10 minutes.
- Use the lettering stamps to add your loved one’s name to the stone. Then decorate the memorial with the glass beads. Add a special message that makes you think of them.
- Let the stone set for at least 4 hours before moving it to a spot in your garden.
Phoenix Garden Memorials is here to help you while you grieve. More details can be found here on how to make a memorial stone. We would love to help you design or install a memorial. If you have any questions or need advice, don’t hesitate to contact us.